Wow! Somebody pinch me. TEN THOUSAND followers?! That means 10K people have an interest in either being healthy themselves, feeding their dogs healthier or at the very least, watching Laker be healthy. That is the astonishing part, that we are all here on this journey and ten thousand of you have chosen us to be a part of it. We are honored that we get to have this privilege to serve. We must celebrate this occasion with our gluten free dog cake recipe for sharing!
Okay, now the mushy stuff is out of the way, let’s get down to the smash-y stuff! Coming upon our 10K, I wracked my brain for the most entertaining as well as educational way to show our appreciation. What does everyone use in a celebration?! Then it finally clicked… CAKE! But the Pups & People way. I designed a Gluten Free Dog Cake Recipe for Sharing!
This cake is full of nutrients, that are both species appropriate AND it tastes good! My dogs do eat raw, but when an occasion calls for it, I bake them a super healthy cake with fresh food 🙂 This is not meant to be a diet, but a once a (long) while treat. Never feed a dog human only cake mix.
So I set out to write a “Double Duty” cake recipe that is:
- SPECIES APPROPRIATE
- Completely Natural
- Enjoyed between both Pups and People
And let me tell you… the humans enjoyed this cake as much as Laker and Nama! I could have eaten the entire thing… On second thought, I think I’ll make another!
Sharable Species Appropriate |Gluten Free| Dog Birthday/Celebration Cake Recipe:
- 2 Organic Shredded Heirloom Carrots-for a funfetti vibe.
- 4 Free Range Organic Eggs
- 1 Mashed Organic banana
- ¼ Cup Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 ½ Cup Organic Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Shredded Organic Granny Smith Apple
- 1 tsp Aluminum Free Baking Soda
- ¼ Cup Melted Organic Coconut Oil
- Tiniest pinch of salt
- 1 Cup Plain Organic Coconut or Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Local Honey
- 1/2 Can Organic Coconut Cream
- Optional toppings: plain organic coconut shavings, toasted
- *Also needed: 2, 6 inch round baking pans
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and grease baking pans with a good amount of coconut oil.
- Shred carrots and apple in a food processor and squeeze out any moisture you can in a towel.
- Use your hands to squish the banana into a smooth consistency.
Mix flours, baking soda, salt in one large bowl and set aside. Mix eggs, coconut oil, vinegar and banana in another bowl. Mix a cup and a half of the carrot/apple mixture into wet ingredients. Make a small “well” in the dry ingredients and pour the wet into the well. Mix and add in equal parts to the pans.
16-18 mins, or until fork inserted comes out clean. Try not to over-bake.
Stack cakes, frost, and sprinkle coconut shavings and turmeric! Enjoy!